When it’s YOU…

Often times, When I’m blogging and sharing different encouraging words & concepts that hopefully is helping others deal with everyday challenges, I am brought back to topics like: We are unbreakable because…

   or You Can’t Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought

and  “I’m not letting go until you bless me…”

I sometime wonder where did that topic or title come from and why am I writing about this subject matter. Who knew that these topics may have been personal.

Here’s an example of how of what I mean. Last week I finally got an answer about a position that I applied for at a major University. The position seemed ideal for me, it was in the area that I lived and I met all the requirements, but here’s how it played out.   The positions came out to being between myself and another applicant. It’s either them or me…first a phone interview (a panel of five members), next a face to face interview, then the background check, references to be reviewed…neck and neck, right!  An eight weeks process. Then finally getting that wonderful letter in the mail stating, and I quote straight from the letter:

” We have decided to offer this position to another individual. In no way should this be interpreted as a reflection of your skills and accomplishments, but a judgment based on all the facts and information at our disposal”.

Wow, Thanks for your time but we like the other person more than YOU… Ok, I know what you are saying the thing that we are taught to say, that old common statement “it’s there lost”…, “there’s something better for me”…” I didn’t want it anyway”. But after a couple of seconds reality sets in our true feelings starts to well up and our words change to,”why didn’t they need, want, or like me”? ” It’s Cool, I’m OK”! You are left to your own thoughts, feeling like in the words of Glee singers “Looser like me”.

Now, I remember my blogs and statements and quotes…disappointments makes you stronger, It’s not just words, it’s real, a package sitting on your door step of reality.

Stay Positive…Stay Encouraged…God HONORS your Heart! It’s not always Easy, but we know it’s Necessary. In Prov. 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 27:13-14 (NKJV) 13I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. 14 Wait on the LORD;  Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

Psalm 73:25-26 (NKJV)  25 Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
        

Dear God show me what you are doing beyond what I see right now. Change my perspective so I can see where I’m going. Thank you for helping me achieve greatness through the struggle of what I’m going through.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

In Jesus Name, Amen!

Gratefully,

~Just Marcus

Posted via email from Whyte23's posterous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toby Keith - Cryin' For Me (Wayman's Song)

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me!

Is there a difference between a Farmer and a Gardener?