TRUTH proper = corny or weird!!


This letter is from my wife cousin Mr. Archie Harper from his heart, Thoughts Of A Middle Aged Corny Heterosexual Single Black Man:

Times have definitely changed....
Good things are considered bad or corny, and bad things are considered good. Yeah...I know crazy right?

We are living in a different day and age, it is considered strange, by today's standards, for a man to compliment a woman at work, grocery store, and in a public setting. Or, speak kindly to her in an effort to get to know her, or even call her on the phone on a regular basis (not texting, actually talking). In doing so, he can be considered "desperate" or even "corny" But, if she happens to post a picture on any social website, she finds it acceptable for any man to "like" or comment most statements that they wouldn't have the "manhood" to speak to her in person. Well....I guess that I am old fashioned and "corny" because I still find it polite to tell a beautiful woman in my presence that she is so, and with no other purpose in mind than to say so because that is what a "real gentleman" does. I hold open doors, walk on side of the street closest to the traffic, accept the bill at a romantic dinner, pull up and get out the car to greet you, hold open doors to the car, and will hold hands in public, and stroll through parks. That is what I was shown that a man is supposed to do. I love to listen more than I speak, and I love to look her in the eyes, as I listen to her express her thoughts, feelings, and desires. I guess that I will stay "corny", and single until I find a woman who appreciates that expression of care and chivalry. I have my own, by the grace of Almighty God, and I desire that she have her own as well....so we can have dominion in this life and rule like we were designed to in the beginning...as a team. That's really old-fashioned, and I guess real corny...
Corny isn't flashy, but it is safe, secure, and reliable...and corny will outlast "flashy" when it fizzles away and dies off. Corny doesn't have a record. Doesn't drink or smoke. Goes to church. Pays its bills on time. Takes care of its responsibilities. Protects what it loves. Provides for who it loves. It will stand the test of time. Its based upon principles. Principles that your great-grandparents lived by, and had a better life from it. Principles which are lost on this generation, for the most part, but I will continue to live by them by the grace of God.
Believe it or not!!! Some of us are looking to be married, and have been for YEARS!!
It's not always the man's fault as to why he is single...
Until I find her....
I will stay corny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toby Keith - Cryin' For Me (Wayman's Song)

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me!

Is there a difference between a Farmer and a Gardener?