Take A Moment…


By For Healthy Marriages

 The longer I live the more I realize life is filled with moments - moments of pain, moments of joy, moments of triumph and moments of defeat. The writer of Ecclesiastes said it best when life was described in the picture of time: "There is a time for everything; and a season for every activity under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1).
 
 The other day, I had one of those moments when I thought about my life. I received the news of a tragic accident that claimed the life of three people. In that moment, I reflected.
 
 I have often been guilty of taking my moments or my time for granted and filling them with complaints and fears that rob me of my peace. On that day, I realized just how precious every moment called life really is.
 
 It does not mean we live in constant fear of losing our lives and locking ourselves in the closet in hopes that tragedy will not find us. It does, however, mean that we open ourselves to life and the varying seasons of life. The good, the bad, through health and sickness, and we breathe deeply.
 
 We breathe in, exhale every moment, and give God thanks for that moment.
 
 My heart goes out for the families that will forever be changed because of their loss. I pray their strength and I pray their peace. I pray that those who are no longer with us will have rest in Glory. I also pray that those who remain will love every moment called life and live it to the fullest.

 Being that Valentine’s Day is tomorrow it would nice to be with your soul-mate and display a moment of Love with flowers, candy & cards etc… (This however should be done on a regular basic, but that’s another issue). Let me put this in your spirit, always choose to love. My plea is that we all take a moment to follow this example, husbands love your wife, father love your children. Wives love your husbands and your children. Brother and sister (siblings) it is ok to let one another know that you love-care for one another. No matter the ages, take a moment to handle and deal with the unresolved issue that’s causing a ruff with another. Taking a moment to do this and showing love will ensure that you will be at peace with not just yourself but with others as well.

 Take a moment to let that sink in. The issue to ponder, of course, is whether you let another day go by not resolving, squashing or dealing with unresolved serious matters within the family.    

 Love one another… John 13:34-35 (NIV),    34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Be Blessed and Be Encouraged!

  ~ Marcus n Gloria Whyte
Commissioned - Ordinary Just Won't Do.....For A Healthy Marriage©!

forhealthymarriages@gmail.com

 

Copyright © 2011, Marcus & Gloria Whyte 23. All rights reserved.

Posted via email from Whyte23's posterous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toby Keith - Cryin' For Me (Wayman's Song)

Is there a difference between a Farmer and a Gardener?