Are You A Friend or A Companion?

Man_helping_man
Proverbs 18:24
Friends come and friends go, but a true friend sticks by you like family.(MSG
)

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin but a friend sticks closer than a brother.(NIV)

The man of many friends (a friend of all the world) will prove himself a bad friend, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.(AMP)

Companions try to be friends with everybody and never really established any real depth or transparency but everyone should have at least one friend who knows you like a brother. Sometimes, blood brothers are more like companions and friends more like relatives. You can’t choose your relatives but you can choose your friends. Choose wisely!

Dear God,
Help me to be a better friend to a select few. Increase the quality of my friendships. Give me discernment to know who to pour into and who to withdraw from (and just pray for them from a far). My success depends upon my lifeline connection to real friends. Help me to stay connected to real brothers and not unreliable companions.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Posted via email from Whyte23's posterous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toby Keith - Cryin' For Me (Wayman's Song)

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me!

Is there a difference between a Farmer and a Gardener?